Tuesday, November 1, 2016

9. BUILDING TEXTURES

Several times, however, I was lucky enough to find tiled color-bump-specular map sets, and I would use those. In fact, I tried to make the most of this kind of fortunate find, and even if I didn't initially plan on using such textures, I ended up limiting myself to using such lucky finds because they were much better than anything I could create on my own.

That is, because of my own artistic limitations (and impatience), my design choices were sometimes forced by whatever texture sets I could find. Again, if the color didn't quite match what I wanted, my limited talents could exploit that liberty.

(As I'll explain much later in the production, these sorts of finds that allowed me to feign artistic talent would force certain choices, or alter original choices at many turns in the production. I must admit that trading my original vision for higher quality assets was a choice I am not ashamed to make.)

  



Website:  Contacts:       

No comments:

Post a Comment