Tuesday, November 29, 2016

20. CAMERA

Getting feedback of these early shots was very important in the further development, and making "The Music of Erich Zann" a better film. This went for the sets, and characters, but also rendering techniques. I showed a friend an early image, and he quickly saw the improvement over my previous projects, but also lamented about some rendering elements. He was a photographer, so on those early shots, he only talked to me about photography. Here, when I say photography, he wasn't even talking too much about image composition, but rather about the mechanics of techniques of using a camera. These were all new ideas to me, and things that I had never considered before. To be sure, I have other friends who are photographers, but it is sometimes difficult for people to talk about and explain their art, or their medium; my friend here had no problem with that, and told me about many interesting photographic features that I should incorporate in order to make a more compelling image.

As I stated before, I am still quite a novice when it comes to rendering issues, but after some online research, I did figure out how to include lens flares and depth of field to the cameras in the scenes. (There is a ton more stuff that I left out and that I've still yet to learn, but for now...)



Website:  Contacts:       and the film: 

No comments:

Post a Comment