Sunday, February 12, 2017

45. MIXAMO SETUP

One other thing that Mixamo does with characters is set them up for animation. That is, all that is required for Mixamo to work is the initial geometry. Mixamo creates the skeleton and the skin weights to make the animation apply to whatever bipedal character is designed.

Of course, the Mixamo skin-weights aren't always guaranteed to work, and I needed to fix them. This was especially so for Zann. From fairly early on I knew that I wanted Zann to be a portly figure. (That's why my original references were Danny DeVito, Takashi Shimura, and Timothy Spall.) However, I have known for a long time that such portly characters are always difficult to animated (I remember many of my earlier problems with Zann, such as his shirt buttons, double chin, etc were due to his stature).

However, one thing that was nice with about Mixamo is that a number of their animations could be customized to better fit different character types. Most often this included arm spacing; but other times this included specification regarding how excited or calm the character would be while performing the action.



Website:  Contacts:       and the film: 

No comments:

Post a Comment