Tuesday, February 7, 2017

43. MIXAMO ANIMATION

My brother was working on a different animation project where he needed to source animation. His research turned up Mixamo, a free source of pre-created animation. I remember that he had told me about it some time ago, but my own pride precluded me from using these sorts of resources during our video game production. I didn't even look at it.

But then he told me about Mixamo again, in regards to yet another project he was working on. Something about the way he described it this time made me think of another project that I'd had in mind for some time (and still have in mind), so I decided to give it a look.

I had been turned on by the idea of using Mixamo's animation primarily for video game production. Part of this Adobe platform also includes tools for creating digital characters, which can then be animated using the Mixamo set of tools. I thought this would be great for quick turn-around production proofs for video games.

But looking at the tool set that was available from Mixamo, it quickly became clear that these tools were perfectly suited for this production of "The Music of Erich Zann." Instead of needing to learn a whole new set of hardware and software in using motion-capture, I decided that I would instead utilize these pre-made animations.

(Just to be clear, these dances don't appear in "The Music of Erich Zann." 






Website: 
 Contacts:       and the film: 


No comments:

Post a Comment