Monday, January 23, 2017

37. ZANN'S BUTTONS

The only real difficult challenge with Zann's clothing came with the buttons that I wanted to add on his shirt. I knew it would be difficult, so at first I decided against it. Well, I didn't think that modeling the buttons would be difficult, but I did know that once Zann was setup for animation, that the buttons would react and distort in odd ways with the skeleton.

Anyways, after finishing the rest of Zann, I tried to make the buttons. They looked good... but only if I didn't animate his torso. I knew that wasn't going to be an option, so I tried to figure out a way to set up the skeleton, and/ or skin weight, or lots of other things in order to make this work. Unfortunately I couldn't figure out a solution. The skinned model would never animate just the way that I wanted it to when applied to the skeleton. That is, the buttons would stretch and distort into odd shapes when Zann's torso was moved. So after painstaking trials, I eliminated the buttons from his shirt.


Website:  Contacts:       and the film: 

No comments:

Post a Comment