Sunday, January 8, 2017

32. STUDENT'S BODY

I modeled the female student first, again using nude human reference material to make the bodies with proper proportions. This was quite startling, because referencing a beautiful nude female, I felt that the animated character was malproportioned. Despite all my feminist studies, I did work to make the character with proportions that are more akin to a Barbie Doll, rather than those of a normal human female. Well, in fact I think my student character is actually about half-way between a normal human and a Barbie Doll. All that said, this is an animated film. I mentioned earlier that her eyes and mouth were also different from proper human proportions. 

I spent a lot of time on her hips and breasts, trying to figure out what an adolescent version of myself would like to look at. Again, it was difficult because it was out of step with the human model I was referencing. That said, however, my human reference was nude, whereas often women where pants and a bra that shape their bodies to be a bit more... flattering.

I feel like hands are difficult to model, so I repurposed hands that I created for the first time for Homeless Guy. However, I did have to alter what I had a great deal. This time I wanted to be sure to include finger nails and tighten up the shape of the hands and fingers. Again, a lot of tweaking was needed, but I was proud with what I ended up with. (You'll notice that the face is quite different.)



Website:  Contacts:       and the film: 

No comments:

Post a Comment