Monday, January 16, 2017

35. EARLY ZANN DESIGNS

Counterintuitively, despite the fact that the body types of the two characters were drastically different, I was so proud of the nude female base that I just created that I used the same base for Zann's body. Certainly, modifications would have to be made, but at least the base geometry flowed in a satisfactory way, and I would just change the shape of a lot of the loops and faces around the character: it's easy to thicken up the arms and legs and belly. Of course, after the simple stuff, a lot of tweaking and minor changes were necessary.

It seems to me that the function that relates time to quality of work is something like: y = root x. That is, for the first quantity of time, quality of work improves greatly. But that same amount of time will only increase the quality of work exponentially less. I usually say it takes t time to get to 70 percent done; then the same amount of time to get to 80 percent; then the same amount of time to get to 85 percent, then the same amount of time again to only get to 88 percent... and I hope the idea is clear. 


The first thing that I notice is that the musculature of the face is wrong around the mouth and nose, and I fixed that.



Website:  Contacts:       and the film: 

No comments:

Post a Comment