Thursday, October 27, 2016

7. BUILDING BUILDINGS

After making a central idea for the blocking of the exterior scene, I could now get to work in filling in the details. The first tasks that I laid out for myself were the buildings. Again, I used internet resources to find sample architecture that I would try to utilize. Textures.com is a nice resource that I've used for years now.

There are a couple of key reason that I return to Textures.com. The first is that they library is so extensive. With some patience, I can find so many examples of different building styles. Sure enough, I found several buildings that I wanted to use for "The Music of Erich Zann."

The other reason that I like Textures.com is that their photos of buildings are typically adjusted or initially shot as though we are looking at a cross section of the building. This helps amateurs like me simply trace over the photo, and bring the building to life.

When modeling buildings, I only use a few tools, like inserting a line loop, or extruding faces. Every now and again I will use a bridge tool, or the tool to fill in a hole. At the end, I will try to smooth the whole model, but this requires me to insert lines at the edges; otherwise when I smooth, the model looses shape and becomes more organic in nature. This isn't what I was looking for... yet.

  

  

Website:  Contacts:       

No comments:

Post a Comment