Thursday, October 20, 2016

4. PRE-PRODUCTION NOTES

Because I had this project in my mind for years, I had already sketched out a simple screenplay for the work. In order to do this, I merely printed out the story, and annotated important elements. From there, I broke down the story into different scenes. It seemed to me, at the time, like a rudimentary screenplay. After all, my previous animation, Akutagawa's Rashomon, didn't have much more of a screenplay or storyboard. I figured that since I have the story in front of me, I wouldn't need much more detail than that. (This conception changed much later, and I did actually develop a screenplay that was much more detailed than any other that I've written or worked with before; but I'll get to that much later.)

This annotated story must have been done more than a few years ago. From there, I didn't return to the project for a long time.

(In fact, I have many such projects that are on the so-called back burner, waiting to be further developed and fleshed out.)



Website:  Contacts:       

No comments:

Post a Comment