Tuesday, December 6, 2016

23. STUFF NEVER SEEN

Looking back at the foyer set, and Erich Zann's room, it seems to me now that many items were modeled did not make any appearance in the final film, not even blurry in the background. I remember reading an article by animators who complained about such methods. That is, I worked to create a world, but not a film.

If I were working to create a film, I should have worked based on reference from the screenplay or storyboards to discover what the scene really needed in order to fill the frame, not fill the apartment. Of course, I can defend myself, but I won't do that here. Rather, the point of this complaint is that I worked much harder than I needed to; I spent a lot of energy and time making items that were not needed for the film. I must acknowledge that this is a serious problem; it would be a much more serious problem for a professional animator who was being paid by someone to work. That costs energy, time, computer resources, and money! Perhaps my method of working is only one way that my amateurism is different from professionals.



  

Website:  Contacts:       and the film: 

No comments:

Post a Comment